Business Health Solutions, PC is a Leader in Occupational Health and Environmental Nursing. We are currently seeking a full-time Occupational Health Nurse/RN to become part of our team to serve our valued customer at their Mount Meigs, AL site on a temporary assignment.
Under the general direction of the Medical Director within the general framework of the Health Services Operating Discipline and Clinical Guidelines, provide clinical care services, health assessment program management and services and general preventive health services for employees, contractor employees and visitors of Mount Meigs, AL site. Contribute to the expertise of Health Services through focal point roles, team or projected roles as assigned.
** This position is full-time, for a temporary assignment**
Occupational Health Nurse/RN Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide nursing assessment and interventions during clinic visits/appointments including first aid treatment and as part of emergency response on site
- Provide travel health counseling and services for business travelers. This includes health counseling on specific health concerns based on traveler’s itinerary and providing or arranging the recommended immunizations, medications or other interventions needed
- Provide Health Assessment Services including completing required physical assessments of employees and performing other selected tests for both required and voluntary company health evaluations.
- Provide Medical Surveillance testing and assessment for employees assigned to a variety of OSHA/DOT medical surveillance protocols.
- Provide Preventative Health Services, including health promotion and disease prevention strategies using primary, secondary, and tertiary prevention principles through health education.
Education, Skills and Job Requirements:
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse in the state of Alabama
- Current certification in Basic Life Support by a recognized training agency (CPR/AED)
- Bachelor degree in nursing is desirable
- Certification in Occupational Health Nursing is desirable
Detailed knowledge of anatomy, physiology, toxicology, health promotion, lifestyle risk factors and ergonomics, especially as related to the occupational environments is essential.
Specific training in physical skills assessment and in the theory and implementation of specific medical testing is expected. Certification in Hearing Conservation, Spirometry, and DOT Urine Drug Screen collection is required. Proficiency in phlebotomy and EKG testing is also required.
Experience in respirator fit testing is desirable. In addition, knowledge of the laws, regulations and standards governing health and safety for employees is preferred. Requires strong computer skills, working knowledge of Outlook, Word, and Excel. Experience with electronic medical records desirable.
Five years experience as Registered Nurse; Three to five years experience in Occupational Health Nursing desirable.
Requires strong interpersonal skills, persuasiveness, diplomacy and tact to provide coordination of health care for client’s employees. Must interact with site supervision, business leaders, and non-exempt personnel in all functions. Must interact with peers and functional leaders at other sites to exchange technical information and encourage sharing of ideas.
Business Health Solutions offers competitive salary and benefits!
We support the professional goals of our teams through annual education stipend and assistance with obtaining and maintaining professional certifications.