Are you looking for a unique and rewarding position? Join our team!
Leader in Occupational Health, Safety, and Environmental Professional Services is seeking and experienced Per Diem/PRN Occupational Health Nurse to become part of our team to serve our valued customer in Syracuse, New York.
The Occupational Health Nurse, RN is responsible for delivery of customer requirements, expectations, and services, which include:
- Clinical Care Services dealing with work-related and personal medical conditions
- Monitors work comp claims and processes
- Using nursing judgment and diagnosis skills assesses and treats non-work related and work related illnesses and injuries
- Performs new hire pre-employment exams and annual screenings
- Determines fitness for duty
- Emergency care for work-related injuries and illnesses
- Coordinate health promotion and disease prevention activities and strategies
- Counseling and health education
- Health Assessment and Medical Surveillance, and maintain medical records
- Respond to plant emergencies
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Primarily dayshift hours, Per Diem coverage
- Provide vacation coverage
- Current active license as a RN to practice in the state of New York
- Certification in Occupational Health Nursing desirable
- BLCS Certification required
- Three to five years experience in nursing with experience in ER, ICU, or Occupational Health
- Working knowledge of Workers Compensation, Short-Term Disability, and FMLA case management experience preferred
- Associate’s degree required/Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Strong Interpersonal Skills
- Critical thinking skills
Competitive salary and benefits offered
- We support the professional goals of our teams through annual education stipend and assistance with obtaining and maintaining professional certifications.
- All interested candidates we want to hear from you!