Are you looking for a unique opportunity in nursing?
Are you interested in Occupational Health?
We have the position for you!
Business Health Solutions, PC is a leader in Occupational Health, Safety, and Environmental Professional Services and we are seeking a dynamic PRN Occupational Health Nurse/RN to become part of our team to serve our valued customer in Indianapolis, Indiana.
The Occupational Health Nurse, RN is responsible for delivery of customer requirements, expectations, and services, which include:
- Clinical Care Services dealing with work-related and personal medical conditions
- Monitors work comp claims and processes
- Using nursing judgment and diagnosis skills assesses and treats non-work related and work related illnesses and injuries
- Performs new hire pre-employment exams and annual screenings
- Determines fitness for duty
- Emergency care for work-related injuries and illnesses
- Coordinate health promotion and disease prevention activities and strategies
- Counseling and health education
- Health Assessment and Medical Surveillance, and maintain medical records
- Respond to plant emergencies
- PRN coverage for day shift and second shift
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Current active license as a RN to practice in the state of New York
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification required
- Associate’s degree required / Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Strong Interpersonal Skills
- Critical thinking skills
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Preferred:
- Certification in Occupational Health Nursing desirable
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in nursing with experience in ER, ICU, or Occupational Health
- Working knowledge of Workers Compensation, Short-Term Disability, and FMLA case management experience
- Knowledge and understanding of OSHA
Competitive salary and benefits offered
- We support the professional goals of our teams through annual education stipend and assistance with obtaining and maintaining professional certifications.
- Wireless discounts, and retirement plans also available for PRN staff